Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ok, I am really in now.

I actually registered for the race. It is real now. This running hobby is expensive. Geesh! I also bought one of those interval timers from the Jeff what's-his-face's website. I really want to avoid hitting the wall, and I want to be able to increase my speed and endurance as quickly as possible. Only 90 days left you know!!
We have to be in CA in time for the expo so we can pick up our stuff. Also the race starts at six damn thirty so we better get to bed early. I am going to drive to Sandy's house on Friday after work so we can leave at a reasonable time on Saturday, but I guess that's going to be a group decision, right?
I ran my long this morning, 3 miles without too much difficulty. I am really sore from yesterday's body flow class, but none of my running muscles are sore. It's mostly my inner thighs and upper body.
I did 15 1/2 minute miles today. Slower than usual but the focus has to be on endurance, not speed, I think. Am I right about that?
I am working on my training calendar too. Should I aim for 13 miles, or 15, or ??
Here is a good article:
http://www.active.com/running/Articles/5_Tips_to_Develop_Your_Running_Strategy.htm

1 comment:

  1. I think you only have to get up to 10 miles and you only need to do that once or twice. The adrenaline should carry you through the rest. I only ever did 10 miles one time before my half, and 9 miles one time.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!