Sunday, February 1, 2009

16.5

I did my "long" walk today, I did 16.5 minute miles. I thought this was discouraging, but Missy assures me that it is the way it is supposed to be and I will get faster. I assured her that if I get picked up by the paddywagon of shame I am blaming her and Sandy for leading me to believe I can do this. I am thinking that I am not going to time my weekday walks, only my Sunday "long" walks. What say you, Sandy? Do you time each run or just the long runs?

Also, I was thinking something that might be fun would be for all of us to make a 20 song mix disc for the trip to CA, so we can each have a disc. I think it would be fun for all of us to put songs on our disc that we listen to while training, but also any other songs that we think the other sisters may not have heard before. I don't have many of those, not being as much of a music buff as some others, but I do have a few. Anyways, I thought that would help avoid fighting over car music and also just be kinda fun. What say you all?

And where the hell is Laurie? Did she not get an invitation to post on this thing?

Also, FYI for you Sandy, here is the link to gmaps pedometer thing, you can map out a route and get the miles for it, so you don't have to keep driving your routes and can plan ahead your long runs (on company time, natch).

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the music idea!!! Totally!!! And yah if you guys want to drive to Phx and stay here Fri nite that's awesome. I only time my runs once in awhile to see where I am. I usually don't because my focus is on listening to my body and I don't need the pressure. Some days you run better than others. You're doing just fine Mari, I promise. Don't focus on the time, just endurance right now.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!