Sunday, July 31, 2016

I accidentally took a week off

We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive
In such a graceless age
- Sandy

As it turns out, I haven't gone running since last Sunday. For the first time in a long time I packed my running shoes and didn't use them on a business trip. I had a phone call that temporarily threw me Monday night, and I opted to watch the bachelor instead. It was a busy week and I never managed to get to the gym. On weds night I could have, but wine won out. Friday party, Saturday hungover, etc etc. lots of reasons but no excuses. And today it was 5pm before I dragged my ass outta the house and got two sweaty miserable miles on the treadmill. I ended up with 39.5 miles for the month. So now I guess I'm about 35 behind pace. I can't remember ever struggling with summer the way I have this summer. It's just so goddam hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!