Sunday, July 31, 2016

I'm Not Lookin' For An Answer, Or Askin' Anyone To Second Guess

Well you  told me all your secrets 
And I filled you up with lies. 
Now I'm living honestly, because i said goodbye 
I can't go home anymore
 I don't wanna find out what I left there for. 

             - Indigo Girls


Our minds can play all kinds of tricks on us, but our bodies never lie. 

         - Anita Johnston "Eating in the Light of the Moon" 

That song has always been my fight song, for as long as I can remember. 

That book I love. I have been re-reading it, trying to read a chapter every morning, although that is harder than I thought it would be since work got kind of busy lately. 

But anyway, the point is the last two weeks have been pretty minimal in the exercise department!! I hurt my back at the beginning of this week and the rest of it, well.... I just haven't gone. My body keeps directing me to other forms of self care. Which I've been going with although today I found myself being pretty hard on myself, although no amount of self berating actually got me to the gym. So I laid down, and thought about this quote in the book and reminded myself that my body doesn't lie. My body is not lazy or stupid. Something is going on and the key is that even though I don't know what it is, I have to trust my body, which DOES NOT LIE. And I have been doing this for too long to fall for my mind's trick of telling me I'm just making excuses. 

So I will take a hot bath. And lie down with a good book. And put off all that needs to be done until tomorrow when, perhaps, I will be of a stronger body to deal with it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!