Sunday, July 24, 2016

A body at rest

Document the world inside your skin
The tenor of your shins
The tembre of your limbs
Now commence to kick each brick apart
Starting with your heart
- Decemberists

This is my new favorite song. I'm beginning, I think. I hope. I was thinking this morning that laziness begets laziness. My job is boring and it permeates every facet of my life. I've gotten quite lazy with my exercise. I watch a lot of tv. I am excited and a little intimidated by a new prospect. A big challenge, a lot of work. I will have to carefully schedule exercise and everything else I want to make time for. It's a good change. It will bring new energy and focus that is needed in my life. So, I ran on the treadmill yesterday, 3.5 miles, and it went surprisingly well. It was another one of those runs where the 2% incline didn't bother me much. I even felt some of the old pleasure I used to get from a good treadmill run. I ended 3 miles at a 10 min pace (just for a few minutes but still). I was out of breath so I had to walk, and I decided to go another half mile. All particularly remarkable after dozing in the couch most of the day. I feel a new energy creeping in. Change is good. Maybe I will even get a Samsung phone and Spotify instead of continuing to buy Apple Music, which I feel I'm the only person in the nation still doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!