Sunday, July 10, 2016

What I can't feel, I surely cannot see

Oh yes I'm touched by this show of emotion
Should I be fractured by your lack of devotion?
Should I?
SHOULD I???

      - Tina Turner

I haven't been blogging. Sometimes this blog feels like some extended "after" picture, where I'm constantly expected to show what a good moral person I am by my continued fitness and weight maintenance and I really hate that. I don't owe you an after picture. And I tried writing a post about that and it was just too exhausting and then I got irritated at that too. I don't owe you an explanation or any insight into my heart or mind. Other people better than me have written brilliant things about being a fat woman and about not being a fat woman and about why body size is not a moral issue and why health is not a moral obligation. Go read them. Or don't. I don't care. 

I got in nine miles this week. Lower mileage due to general malaise at the beginning of the week and a challenging nine mile hike yesterday. It was pretty though. 


2 comments:

  1. The point is to write about your struggle. Or your successes. Or your failure. Or your funny stories. So I can cheer you on or grumble or laugh along with you. And not feel alone on this road to 1000k.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!