Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Take Care To Tell It Just As It Was

There are tiny cracks of light underneath me
And you say I got it wrong
But I tried hard to uncover them

       -CHVRCHES 

Again for my sis, always the digger. Digging for truth, digging for lies, digging for the cracks of light and the crevasse full of dark. 

 I went three days without working out and finally forced myself to go today. I ran three miles and did 30 floors, because sandy and I are apparently doing some 1000 step, 4.5 mile monstrosity race in October. And I felt better, as I knew I would. I've been sad this week and weary for no reason and all the reasons and nothing worth expending the energy to discuss, even if it hadn't all been said before. 

So I'll just leave this poem here, a reminder that I only need to let the soft animal of my body love what it loves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!