Sunday, July 14, 2013

Outside Good?

Bitter, bitter mouth
Spitin' out seeds of doubt
-Calexico

Earlier this week, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill in Chicago, trying out my plan to avoid the summer heat.  I like air conditioning. I like TV.  There is only one problem with this plan.  Running on the treadmill is awful.  I hate the accounting of running.  I don't want to know my pace, I don't want to know every time I pass another hundredth of a mile.  I can't stop my mind from doing all the "until I can quit" calculations.  And all the "I don't think I can stand another x minutes or x miles".  Or worrying about the number of laps by the little red dot which represents me.  And I don't like the fact that if I quit there is no consequence (like having to walk home).  All of my thoughts about the treadmill can be summed up by turning the blog over to my 3 year old niece.

"Don't like it"

Thanks.  I'm back.  So I ran outside today.  4.5 miles.  It was hot and muggy and wonderful.  I just ran.  I had no plan other than I wanted to run more than 3 miles (check) and that I wanted to decide between Janie Jones and Complete Control for a song by The Clash for my new playlist (fail).  Instead, I'm starting my new playlist with Cruel by Calexico.  My new favorite band from Tucson.  Enjoy.  BTW - 316.5 miles done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t46dvudrp8

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!