Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nerd Herd

My age has never made me wise
But I keep pushing on and on and on
- Imagine Dragons, Nothing Left to Say

Today was a treadmill day. Ugh. I pushed through the first two miles at incline sweating like a hog. I remembered some words of wisdom I picked up somewhere along the way: There are two kinds of people at the gym - those who wipe the equipment down and the worst people in the world. My habit now is to wipe the equipment BEFORE I run, as there are a lot of the worst people in the world out there. Hell, I used to be one. Then I settled in to watch the four TVs in front of me and try to decipher them whilst listening to loud music. There's frequently a finance show on CNBC when I go to the gym mid-day, and I remembered that I actually bought Costco stock a couple years ago after deciphering that it had taken a big drop, and it has done pretty well for me. Alas, no great stock tips today. Then I took to the indoor track for a nerd workout, and I always have this fear that somehow I will stumble and fall over the balcony to the basketball court below. But I made it through once again. I'm grateful to bf for introducing this workout to me. I've never been able to force myself to do strength training until now, it's actually somewhat enjoyable. Anyway, 3 miles for the day. Good progress for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!