Wednesday, July 17, 2013

By Choice, Man

Musta got lost, I got lost, musta got lost
somewhere down the line
-J Geils Band

I ran 4.5 miles yesterday and I wish I could say it was on purpose.  I was in Albuquerque and on my way out on the run, there was a crappy section of sidewalk.  I was so concerned about avoiding it on my return to the hotel, that I made sure to run on the other side of the street.  Except that I was on a different street at the time.  And then missed my turn.  And then, I was a little bit lost.  But luckily, my hotel is the ugliest thing for miles (it's called a pyramid, but it is decorated with a couple brown rows of orange trapezoids - was probably very cool in the 80s), and so I was able to find my way back. 

So here is what I learned on this trip. 
  • The advice from my friend Jefe to run until you get lost is crap. 
  • Albuquerque is the exact same place as Tucson, just harder to spell (except Tucson has gas stations near the rental car return at the airport). 
  • No matter how much you want to experience local foods, no matter how much you like cucumber water, cucumber Gatorade, or The Other Guys, do not order a cucumber margarita.  Green chile mac and cheese is OK though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!