Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cheque It Out

I said pretend you've got no money
she just laughed and said "oh you're so funny"
I said "yeah, well I can't see anyone else smiling in here"
-Pulp

I made a quick trip to the bank today.   I ran 2 miles there and then 1 mile back.  It was warm.

This would have been easier in Canada - not just the warm part.  My bank there (not banque, no matter how much you want it to be), was open all the time.  Until 8PM on weekdays.  All day Saturday.  Parts of Sunday.  My bank here closes at 4PM.  I guess if you are open 9-4, you are catering to people who don't have jobs.  But you would think, oh nevermind...

I know, they want me to take a picture of my check (but it is cheque in Canada) with my phone and believe that it will end up in my account.  OK - I'll try it, but it doesn't seem like it will work.

There was a feature on The Daily Show comparing banks on either side of the border.  The North side considered their banker as a trustworthy extension of their family.  The South side was mostly bleeped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!