Sunday, May 5, 2013

Seventeen

“So many things are possible just as long as you don't know they're impossible.”
Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

I'll be around; a few more miles to go
-The New Amsterdams

Seventeen today.  I set out to do eighteen and I could have, but I had a hard stop at noon (I use that phrase all the time no matter how hard my stop really is - I might be the boy who cried "hard stop") and I started a little bit late and ran a little bit slowly.  Who cares though?  Seventeen is the farthest I've ever run and while I did experience some dead leg - it was manageable.  I used both of the strategies I've developed - yelping in pain and walking.  Both are effective in their own way.  I also went back to my old shoes.  Not sure that I really understand what is going on, but I'll keep wearing the old shoes, keep stretching, and keep yelping in pain as necessary - sounds like a foolproof plan.

I know there is probably a low click through rate on these - but I highly recommend The New Amsterdams "Turn Out The Light".  This video should be an accepted treatment for high blood pressure - I don't think you can watch it without feeling a wave of calm.  Or maybe it's just me - it could be the Canadian experience which makes me appreciate canoes.  It is such a part of the culture there that I regularly was in conversations where the word "portage" was used.  And never by me.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGxlnmJt9GE



2 comments:

  1. Um, just so you know, I click through. Not only did I just go listen to this song, I bought the entire album. This is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that song and 3 more. Bad Haircut should be getting royalties.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!