Saturday, May 4, 2013

Forty Minutes of Tranquility

Forty minutes into this movie,
I'm about as bored as you, and you're asleep.
-Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves

Yesterday.  3 miles.  Slowly.  211.5 for the year.

The run, much like the last paragraph, was short and boring.  But boring is better than painful.  Speaking of painful, I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow and run a lot.  I'll let you know how it goes.

The line quoted above is the beginning of "The Same To You" and it always makes me think of Ran Dumb Thoughts.  When we were younger, we would regularly rent movies.  Yep - rent, not stream.  And about 40 (or 4 minutes) into the VHS tape (that's right - VHS) he would be asleep.  Every time.  He's probably seen the first 5 minutes of every movie ever made.  One night he showed up with the director's cut of The Godfather - like 6 hours long.  I don't think he made it 6 minutes.  Maybe that's why I like this song so much.  Or maybe because Chris Wollard is really talented and all over this playlist as a member of Rumbleseat and Hot Water Music.  Or both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkgxx8c47k

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!