Monday, May 27, 2013

Big Plans

I'll be alright.
Motivated by spite.
I prefer daytime, to a nightlife,
but I'll be alright because
All my big plans end in miserable failure.
-Sunriser

Some catching up to do. I ran 3 miles on Saturday - uneventful. I ran 4 miles on Sunday - around Lake Livingston. Or I guess I should say near Lake Livingston. I had hopes of running by the water, but I really ran in a neighborhood that is somewhat close to the water. And I rode several miles on a jet ski. Pretty sure that is why my shoulders feel like they are about to fall off.

So we are now in the home stretch. I will run tomorrow and Wednesday and then rest. And then carbo load. And yes the playlist is now complete. So we are all good. The last song is Big Plans by Sunriser - if I'm still on the course after 5:36, hearing the above lyrics should cheer me up. Really. Not because I'll feel like a miserable failure, because it will remind me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry tried to return a jacket out of spite. It went something like this.

Employee: You can't return something out of spite
Jerry: Fine. I just don't want it.
Employee: You already said spite. Too late.

And also because it will remind me that I'm not in Vegas running at night. Because I do prefer daytime running. And so I will be alright. So positive and uplifting. I can't believe you people hear negativity in these lyrics. What's wrong with you?

This is probably my 8th favorite Sunriser song, but it is still pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II6VWVIcsSs

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!