Thursday, May 23, 2013

Back At It

Though he looks severe and erudite
A hundred degrees Fahrenheit he's as cool as an ermine
-Barr Brothers

Alcohol is both the cause of and the solution to all of life's problems
-Homer

I've taken a couple of days off from running because my back has been bothering me.  But I decided to revise the above quote from the poet Homer and try to see if running could be both the cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.  Even though my back isn't quite right, maybe it could be fixed by a short run.  Terrible logic, decent result.  I followed up my 3 miles run with some lateral jumps and crunches and actually felt pretty good after all of it.  Brings me up to 261 for the year.

I'm now told that the above quote was from a large yellow cartoon character.  Not the author of the Iliad.  My mistake.  I can't ever keep those guys straight.

And we add "Old Mythologies" to the official marathon playlist.  Good Canadian band.  Even if they are from Montreal (who also lost in the first round of the playoffs).  I'm proud of them using the Fahrenheit scale, the above lyric plays so much better than saying 40 degrees Celsius.  Anyway, it wasn't 100 degrees on my run today, but it felt like it.  And I'm pretty sure that I looked both severe and erudite.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnDTuBf_Bi8

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!