Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 13

Years from now, they'll promise pleasure, pills and wine
Go on try them all, but make sure your mama knows you love her
-Dave Hause

Now A.C. Green, he love his mother
-Earvin "Magic" Johnson

Happy Mother's Day to all moms, but especially to mine.  A published author, bridge master, and all-around fun person to have around.  Thanks for everything.

And I did run to celebrate.  The schedule said to run 20 this weekend, and I was planning to do it yesterday, but it just didn't work.  So I ran today.  But early in the run I knew my heart wasn't in it.  I started thinking about exit strategies.  Like if I knew where Jeff Gillooly lives and if I could get him to kneecap me so I could go home.  Such are not the thoughts of a 20-mile run.  Anyway, I ran 6 slow miles and then one fast one to make it to 7 for the day.  When coupled with the 3 I ran earlier this week in Connecticut that makes 10 miles for the week.  Not really what you are supposed to do in the biggest week of prep for the marathon.  Oh well, I will adjust the schedule and figure it out.  Right now I'm at 238.5 for the year.

On my run I saw a yard the had a political sign for Dave Yelle halfway blocking a sign for John somebody.  How does this happen?  Are they running against each other and there is a domestic disagreement about who to support?  And while one person isn't looking, the other puts their sign in front of the other?  Or did they feel like two political signs would be too gaudy, but one wasn't enough.  One and one half signs is just right?  Either way, it really felt like Dave was yelling down John, which would be an amazing political strategy.  He could just yell whenever anyone else was talking at a debate and be like "I'm Dave Yelle, yelling is my thing".  I bet Rick Perry wished he had him around when he tried to count up the three cabinet positions he was planning to dissolve

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!