Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gray

I'm sick of feeling like I lost this fight
I''m sick of graying out the wrongs and rights
-The Loved Ones

Today I ran by a cricket game.  I have a basic understanding of this game - it's baseball for people who think that baseball games are too short.  As I ran by, the centerfielder (or super wicket bowler or whatever the correct name is) was either doing yoga or pushups.  The fact that he was in the gray area between downward dog and a pushup suggests that the execution left something to be desired.  Perhaps he was realizing he doesn't have the attention span for cricket.  Or else, this is how they get through the games. 

That was the highlight of my run.  Otherwise it was a 10 mile run followed by a 3 mile walk.  I was tired and hungry.  If I wasn't so hungry, I probably would have stopped and taken a nap in my friend's front yard.  Or driveway. 

I guess it's all a matter of perspective - I completed a half marathon today or I failed on my final long run.  It's tough to know how to frame this one.

Oh - and Jane is in.  Loud and fast.  Just like how I run.  Except the fast part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6ViNFdOgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!