Monday, May 13, 2013

I almost didn't

Just when I had you off my head
Your voice comes thrashing wildly through my quiet bed
You say you wanna try again
- John Mayer, Goodbye

Well it wasn't a running weekend. I had training all day Fri and Sat, and who wants to run on Mothers Day? Today almost got away from me too. I picked up pizza and wings on the way home from work and had settled in on the couch and given up on the idea of a run. But then I was bored and thinking about how there was nothing on TV and I just couldn't make myself study for my test on Thurs, and K and I were making plans to go to Cold Stone, and I had a revelation that I just needed to go for a damn run. So I got up and went out and it was still 90 degrees and I promised myself I cod walk as much as I wanted. About 3/4 miles in, as it was getting dark, I noticed a dark shape in the middle of the road. I froze, thinking it was a bobcat crouched to pounce. But no, it was a javelina. And he was eyeballing me and wouldn't move! So I slowly backed up and he kept taking steps towards me huffing and blowing real aggressive like. Then a car came up and had to stop for him and he still didn't move! I kept backing up and then crossed to the other side and he slowly walked out of the road. Sure enough, there were a couple of babies and mamas in the bushes that he was protecting. After I went by, they all crossed the road but he kept his eye on me and kept himself between me and them. It was quite chivalrous. Anyway, I then finished my 2 miles with some walk breaks and called it a night. And, no cold stone. All good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!