Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Solidarity of Youth (Middle Age)

Need a little time to wake up
Need a little time to rest your mind
You know you should so I guess you might as well
-Oasis
4.25 today.  Running those sprints on Monday was a terrible great idea.  My whole body hurt this morning.  As always, it was an adventure waking up to run.  I set my alarm for 5:25, woke up at 4:45 and tried to go back to sleep (and failed), and then got up at 5:15.  A friend of a friend of mine who runs and blogs did a 30 day challenge where he woke up at 5:00 every morning.  Not for me - I don't like it.

And it was clearly too early for anyone from my generation to be a awake.  For the first mile and a half everyone I saw had gray hair.  But then later in my run I came across people of my generation, who all felt it was necessary to give me a little wave to show solidarity with me as we invaded the time/space of the geriatric crowd.  So I guess I am now in the early morning running club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!