Monday, July 2, 2012

The Days Between

And we raise the white flag
So they can paint it red and blue
Getting into bed seemed easy enough
Getting out's a little harder to do
-Joel Plaskett

Yesterday was Canada Day.  Wednesday is America Day.  Right now we are in the days between. 

What is the difference between Canada Day and Independence Day?  The color blue.  Both holidays are built around BBQ, fireworks, and decorations using the country's flag.  If you take July 4th and add maple leafs (stupid hockey team - that now sounds grammatically correct to me), and subtract stars and blue you now have Canada Day.

Today I went to the park with a young infielder to partake in America's pastime.  I played first base and fed him grounders and fly balls and he ran around and made plays.  My job was way easier, so when he needed a rest I ran some sprints.  I did what I call "walk back" sprints.  I won't explain further - I think you get the idea.  2 sets of 5.  Not quite Siberia, but a little bit like Rocky and Apollo on the beach - without the splashing and hugging.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!