Sunday, July 1, 2012

Not Good Enough

Was it ever enough?
Was it ever too much?
When will I ever be enough?
-Sunriser

I was talking to a friend last night about running and we were discussing how terribly we run the last 2 miles or so of a 1/2 marathon.  I've said before that if you were watching the Vegas run from above, I probably looked like a salmon going backwards, upstream against all the runners flowing past me.  (And not like a Great Blue Salmon of Justice like The Tick)

So I went home and realized that what I'm doing is not good enough.  I don't have any desire to run another 1/2 marathon where I feel like complete ass at the end of the race.  And it was confirmed today as I struggled after about 2 miles of my standard run.  And so I stopped for 30 seconds and decided if I was going to walk home or change what I do.  I chose to take the baby step of extending the run.  I ran 4.5 instead of 4.  But I must evolve.  I don't know what comes next, and I hope we don't have to go deep into Siberia like Rocky did, but if we must, then we must.  Peace out.

Oh and Happy Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!