Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nostalgic Run

Do you like american music?
We like all kinds of music
But I like american music best ...
But every time I look at that ugly lake
It reminds me of me
-Violent Femmes

A very nostalgic run today.  The last one in Canada - I think.  I really have enjoyed running by the lake and (while it isn't ugly) I'm pretty sure Lake Ontario will always remind me of me.  I like that.

I did my standard run and felt great at the start.  Felt less great at the end, but so it goes when you take two weeks off.  Of course, I saw some crazy crap on my run.  I saw a man rollerblading who was either John Stockton or was wearing boxers as shorts.  I know runners who have confused pants with underwear, but this is a far greater crime against society.  When I reached Canadian Tire, I thought I should toss up the double rods to wish it farewell, but the sidewalk was crowded.  There was a man on a bike and an older woman on a scooter lined up at the crosswalk giving each other the stink eye.  I was pretty sure they were about to race.  I hope for her sake that it wasn't for pink slips since she got destroyed.  Even I passed her - and I was giving the fast and the furious crowd plenty of space.

Love ya Canada - and we will stand on guard for thee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!