Friday, March 30, 2012

Detroit Rock City

I'm pulling down questions from the shelf,
I'm asking forgiveness
I ain't asking nobody but myself
-The Raconteurs

That is what I did on my run today.  But that isn't what I want to talk about.

I had some problems on my run today.  First problem - math.  I ran a little over 6 today.  I decided I would up my regular run from 4 to 5, but didn't leave the house with a clear plan on how to do it.  So I started running my 4 mile route and thought that by adding a whole lot to it that it would come out to 5. 

I also had a problem with a left turner who tried to run me over.  Luckily I did a sweet parkour move over the car.  By sweet parkour I mean that I stopped, waited for the car to pass, swore, and then continued on my way.  Note to self - fucko is way cooler when DeNiro says it than when I do.

Now that we got that out of the way - we can get on to the important stuff.  From Motor City (or more appropriately, Hockeytown), The Raconteurs contribute Broken Boy Soldier to the playlist. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7npSXQkxE

This concludes our tour of the Original Six cities of the NHL.  Originally, I thought that for the Montreal run, I would make a playlist of only bands from these cities, but it is just too hard.  I can't have any constraints.  If I were good at running, then maybe I could follow some rules about the official playlist.  But, I'm not.  I need to be free to include anything that will help me get to the finish line, as you will see.  Anyway, I find this song inspriring (but I find the video creepy).

Gotta go.  Father son fantasy baseball draft today.  We are well prepared - I watched Moneyball this weekend.  If my son can handle the Jonah Hill role of knowing which players to pick, then I can handle the Brad Pitt part of eating in every scene.  I know - he does it to show how busy Billy Beane is - I do it cause I'm hungry from accidentally running too far.

1 comment:

  1. Accidentally running too far is a victimful crime....it has to be stopped.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!