Monday, March 19, 2012

Take these memories

That are haunting me
Of a paper man cut into shreds
By his own pair of scissors
- Papa Roach

Damn, I love that line.  The world is full of paper people who self destruct.  I wondered today on my mountain run if I will be one of them.  I listened to my "sad songs" playlist while I contemplated my life and career and was rather subdued.  But here's the thing:  as I've cleaned out drawers and files in the last couple weeks, I've uncovered a couple old books I started writing.  Its always something that has called to me, since I wrote my first book in fourth grade.  It was called "Spirit:  The Horse That Wouldn't Loose." Yeah, misspelled, but a page-turner nonetheless. 

I grabbed a trail map today and figured that our mountain run is 4.5 miles, so a pretty awesome workout.  Today I power walked up and ran down.  Its a real butt burner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!