Sunday, March 18, 2012

Late Update on Running and Playlist

Sorry I'm late, I was out spoiling my liver
-Alkaline Trio

Some catching up to do.  I ran? ellipticaled?  completed 2.5 miles on the elliptical machine on Wednesday.  Since my horrific elliptical fit test result I've decided to do some elliptical training and then take another go at it.  Maybe I am an elite athlete, but just not good at the elliptical machine.  Like Charles Barkley playing golf.  Or Carl Lewis singing the national anthem.  I like that idea better than the alternative.

Then I ran 5.4 in the real world on Thursday.  It wasn't a bad run.  But then I went out with some friends on Thursday night and we can just fast forward to today when I'm feeling good again. 

Feeling good enough to reveal song #4 on the official playlist.  That's right - add Cooking Wine by Alkaline Trio to the playlist.  For those of you playing at home who guessed the next location would be Chicago - congratulations.  For the rest of you who are not interested in this mysterious (or not so mysterious) six city tour - don't worry  It will be over soon and we can go on to something else, like guilty pleasures, or the perenials that make every playlist, or just random cool songs.

You can enjoy Cooking Wine here.  This song has a special place in my heart because it was my psych-up song for the fake interview I had for a promotion at my former workplace.  But that is a story for another day - or maybe another forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Hihxzgce0

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!