Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dazed and Confused

It`d be a lot cooler if you did
-Wooderson

I ran intervals in the real world today.  It was short and kinda awful.  When I run there are lots of times that I want to quit.  Almost always during the first 1/2 mile.  Then again at various points during the run.  One thing that I do is I try to figure out exactly why I want to quit.  Are my legs too weak to carry me?  Am I too mentally weak to go on?  Are my lungs unable to provide oxygen to the rest of my body?  If no body part steps up and claims the title of the weakest link, then we continue.  Today no such conversation was necessary.  Lungs.  On fire.  I stopped to catch my breath and thought ``should I quit`` and my mind answered in Wooderson`s voice.  Weird.  But I ignored his good advice and recovered and finished the workout.

Before my run I had just read the MLB season preview, so I`m sure Wooderson was in my subconscious because I think of Dazed and Confused every time I see Tim Lincecum.  Top 5 movie of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!