Friday, March 23, 2012

Redemption

They don't know nothing about redemption
They don't know nothing about recovery
-Against Me!

Today I returned to the scene of the crime.  No, I didn't drink some sewer water and then try to run down the Vegas strip.  Different crime.  A couple of weeks ago, I did a fit test on the elliptical machine and was told I was at the 20th percentile of my age group.  This is not something I can accept.  So I went back to the same gym with one thing on my mind -redemption (OK - 2 things - I was hoping to see Rumeal again, but no luck).  I went in with success defined - if I could get a result that I could spin as adequate, I would be happy - 50% would be fine.  60% would be overflowing with adequacity. 

But then something happened.  It was kind of like a Rocky movie.  I can even see the training montage.  Probably not enough actual training to fill the montage, so there would also be some footage of me eating a burger or sitting in front of the TV.  Anyway - I made it to the 90th percentile.  It also gave me some statistics on my lung capacity, which have to be entirely made up. 

My all-out assault on the elliptical machine meant that I had nothing left, so I lifted some weights and did something on the treadmill.  Then I found the astro-turf room and I flipped a giant tire a few times.  Not sure what any of that did for me, but I'm booking this one as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!