Thursday, March 15, 2012

All my instincts, they return

And the grand facade so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside
 - Peter Gabriel
 
I listened to a most awesome acoustic version of this song on a new playlist bf made for me on Tuesday when we ran the mountain.  And I mean, we ran.  A lot.  I really like working out with bf because he pushes me to do my best, and I sometimes don't like working out with him for the same reason.  We pushed up and down the mountain in 1:10.  We ran like holy hell almost all the way down.  Running down this mountain is like being on a roller coaster, twisting and turning over loose rocks and boulders, rock hopping at incredible speeds with no rails and knowing that if you misstep you'll be tumbling for a long time (as has happened before, mind you, but I wasn't going nearly as fast).  If you don't think about it and just go with gravity and the music pounding in your ears, its almost a religious experience.  The world converges around you and seems to make sense, and you just go with the forces of the universe directing your next step on the mountain and in life.  Hell sometimes you do fall, but if you listen to the swirl, you get back up to a view more beautiful than the one you would have seen if you'd kept on your current path. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!