Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Black clouds are behind me

I now can see ahead . . .
A brighter day is comin my way
yes tomorrow will be kinder.
- The Secret Sisters, Tomorrow Will Be Kinder (From the Hunger Games Soundtrack)

I bought this soundtrack on a whim, and it was the perfect soundtrack for my mountain meander yesterday.  I walked the whole 4.5 miles in a contemplative reverie.  It was still a good workout physically, but even better mentally and emotionally.  The mountain is good for that.  Plus, I was still fatigued from the Great Race of yesterday, even though I got my butt kicked.  I spent some time today recognizing that my problems are small in the grand scheme of things, and others have it so much harder on a fundamental level. 

I also went to the Hunger Games movie last night and it was good.  Really good.  Not great, but really good.  It kept me entertained and engaged the whole time and the cinematography was awesome (enter that into the SAT word cotest, please).  I thought the end was a bit rushed and the relationships not fully developed, but the premise is intriguing if not awful. 

Bf has talked me into going to the gym at lunch today, which I am loathe to do, but he said he's cooking dinner tonight so . . . nuff said.  I'm going. 

I know the present will not last
and tomorrow will be kinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!