Friday, February 3, 2012

Slow but not steady

They know my name 'cause I told it to them, but they don't know where and they don't know when
- Arcade Fire

Earlier today I either ran 4 miles or drank 4 beers.  I am currently either running 1 mile or drinking 1 beer as I type. 

So I'm back to running slowly.  I read that the best way to build your endurance capacity is run slowly.  It would seem that in the past I was doing it wrong by only running twice per week.  And you aren't supposed to take long periods of time off.  OK - so clearly not my fault - I didn't know.  How could I? 

I was surprised at how many body parts complained during today's run - brain, left foot, right foot. left lung, nose, right lung, right shoulder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!