Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Day

Today is Family Day in Ontario.  A completely made up holiday that one of the 8 or 12 political parties promised in order to get elected a few years ago.  I don't know how many years ago, since elections can be called at any time.  There have been a bunch in the past five years.  On the plus side, the whole process is limited to 6 weeks, which makes it much easier to tolerate.  It's also a lot of fun telling the people who come door-to-door that they don't have to waste their time since I'm not eligible to vote.  And then telling them that it is either because I'm a convicted felon or an American - and watching them decide which is worse.

Anyway - I celebrated my holiday by running 4.5 miles.  Didn't hurt too much.  Didn't run on Friday, but I did go to Chuck E Cheese.  Also ate pizza directly after my run today.  That reminds me, there are leftovers in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!