Sunday, February 26, 2012

MTL Playlist #2

You can take my urn to Fenway spread my ashes all about
Or you can bring me down to Wolly Beach
And dump the sucker out
 -Dropkick Murphys

So I ran 5.75 miles today.  I started out running East, which is something I don't like to do because it is uphill.  But after slogging through that first mile, the rest of it was OK.  It was 39 degrees which is the absolute bottom of my "OK to run outside" range.  I've run when it is colder and it hasn't been OK, so I feel pretty sure that this is the number.

In more important news, I am officially adding "Going Out In Style" by the Dropkick Murphys to the Montreal playlist.  I've never been to an Irish wake, but I'm pretty sure I know exactly what it's like after listening to this song.  I give this song my highest recommendation for a running playlist - check it out. 

There are better bands than this, but probably none that have better achieved what they wanted.  These guys are sports fans from Boston and they are now royalty at Red Sox and Bruins games.  The people who like them really like them, but no one else cares.  This pretty much sums up what I want out of my professional life - I want a small group of people to like me a lot (and pay me) and everyone else to leave me alone.  And I want a lot of perks - access to sporting events and the like.  Where do I get one of those What Would The Dropkick Murphys Do bracelets??

2 comments:

  1. I like it! It's kinda like Flogging Molly, remember them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Will have to dig some out for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!