Thursday, February 16, 2012

MTL Playlist Update - Part 1 of ????

The goalie starts between the pipes, go touch him and you'll be fine - Chick Reefer Combo (Tim Scott and the Glory Hunters)

Ran 5 miles on the treadmill today.  Well - I ran 2 miles, paused to get a drink thinking I could get back in the 45 seconds that the pause button allows, failed in my water foutain shuttle run time trial, and then ran 3 miles.  Today's forgotten item was the water bottle.  Better than Tuesday when I forgot my towel.  I'm not good at going to the gym. 

Today while I ran I thought about why I run.  Easy - I run so I can blog.  Why do I blog?  Two reasons - to work out the issues I have with choosing "management consulting/project management/making graphs that prove I can turn terrible into mediocre/whatever someone will pay for" as a career instead of sportswriting and to discuss my running playlists on my iPod.  So - if you don't want any of that, now would be a good time to stop reading.

"Our 72" by the Chick Reefer Combo (or whatever their name is this week) is officially in to the MTL playlist.  Write it in pen, carve it in stone - it's in.  I like it, written by a friend, it is in on all marathon playlists for me.  Over the next few months I'll release the rest of the playlist as it is developed.  Kind of like an extended version of Casey Kasem's weekly top 40 - except way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!