Sunday, February 26, 2012

A mockery was made today

Of my handy dandy water bottle holder.  Bf and I did a 5 mi hike which involved a little running and mostly walking.  Much consternation has gone into determining the length of said hike, by the way, by us and others on the trail (overheard talking on the phone today).  The trail map pegs it at about 4 miles but we are adamant that it's 5, and my eavesdropping today confirmed that others believe so as well.  So it's a 5 mi hike we did today.  But I digress.  A mockery was made of my handy dandy water bottle holder, which conveniently buckles around my waist and holds a bottle on my back.  Much commentary was also offered on the chuck-and-jive motion of said bottle as determined by the swing in my step.  However, for 5 miles, my hands were free to gesticulate wildly in relationship to whatever point I was trying to make in our conversation, likely having to do with the convenience and style of the handy dandy water bottle holder.  So, I am requesting a retraction of said mockery, much as I withdrew mockery of a disadvantaged teenager in a wheelchair last weekend once I realized she was, in fact, in a wheelchair.  And as I withdrew mockery of our ihop hostess this morning once it was brought to my attention that she has special needs.  So.  I'm waiting. 


Btw, I did 2 miles on Thurs but it was too boring to blog about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!