Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Inhale. Exhale. Sigh. Wheeze. Gasp.

This is the soundtrack I ran to tonight.  Why, you ask? Because my lovely daughter snaked my headphones on her way out the door to the gym tonight, without asking or even notifying me, of course.  Then when I had found replacement headphones, I discovered that my ipod battery was drained, which was most certainly not the case on Sunday when I used it, which means that said daughter was listening to it at some point, since she has not been able to determine the whereabouts of her own ipod for the past several months.  So I dared the big experiment of RUNNING WITHOUT MUSIC.  Bold, I know, but it was after work and I was dressed, and if I delayed any longer I fear I may not have gone at all. 

Anyhoo, I did make it 3 miles, and felt pretty darn good even going up the hill into my second mile.  I felt a better pace than I have in awhile.  Consistency is key, I know this.  You can't just miss days or weeks at a time of running or it will come back to bite you.  So, on my music-less run, I pondered pace, consistency, and the odd pain in my right butt cheek that I had on Sunday too.  I wonder if my left butt cheek syndrome from years past has migrated over to my right?  I then had time to ponder the color of my sweatshirt, and determined that its an aqua blue if I had to describe it, and a color I really don't like, but it us Underarmor and my mom gave it to me for Christmas a couple years ago, so I'm sure it makes me go faster, or at least look like I'm going faster.  I then solved a couple of problems in the book I'm writing and wrote some funny parts.  I would really love to have a device that I can run with that types, because I do so much good writing and problem solving when running.  I have written whole presentations for work on a 3-mile run.  Internet, please invent that product and I will be first in line to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!