Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Let Me Tell You Straight

Let me know I'm the one you fell in love with 
Let me know you'll call me when you need somebody strong and tall and brave
One to fix things when they break 
One to take your breath away 
Someone to stay 

        -Show Ponies

This song showed up on my Apple suggests playlist, and I love it. 

Anyway so I've been sick. An obnoxious cold turned into an even more obnoxious sinus infection that was so painful I actually had to go to the damn doctor and call in sick to work! Unheard of!! I started to feel better around Friday, but then we had a wedding reception we had to travel for and that took up the whole weekend, and then Monday I found myself planning to go, but feeling all anxious about it. Like, it's going to be hard, and I'm tired thinking about it. But today I found myself trying again to not go. So I employed the old "minimal effort" trick. Picked the least strenuous thing I could think of and told myself to do only that. Really, all that mattered was showing up, which I did. 

So I did three elliptical miles and I figured it would be easy enough and it was,  but my chest was still kind of hurty at the end, so getting back to where I was might be sort of slow. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!