Thursday, January 5, 2017

Don't blow, mountain
Please don't show us, mountain
That the end
Is as close as it's ever been

                                  - Loamlands

I'm not committing to blogging more than once a week, just to be clear. And I'm not going to be all pressured to come up with a song every time, either, the pressure is too much! Although now I have Apple Music, and am thus unleashed on the world, and Sandy and I are total music sharing fools, so maybe it will be easier, I don't know.

Anyway, I am SO on board with this year's goal! Everything counts!! I have made a pretty firm commitment to myself to not do distance goals any more, they just suck all the joy out of working out. I started out with the 1000K running goal with Sandy and Chris and by the end of the year I was the only one realistically still in it and I was completely miserable. I ended the year well over the 1000K but only after agonizing about whether or not to "count" the damn elliptical miles I was forced to do throughout November because my foot wouldn't stop fussing at me, likely due to all the downhill running I had been doing.

So today I ran four miles (making three.... [what, what are we calling these? sessions? workouts?] for the week) and I tried very hard to go to yoga. I worked from home since it was single digits all day here with snow, but I drove to the gym, and then drove to yoga, but when I got there they were closed, probably assuming nobody would be venturing out in this weather just to pay someone to lay around and breathe (it was gentle yoga [please... like I am going to do actual hard yoga after already having run four miles, who the hell do you think I am?]). They underestimated me.

To my myriad fans, sorry I was away so long. Google stopped supporting the Blogger app, which is how I had been posting, using my phone. Then, with one iOS update or another, it stopped working. So I needed to do the thing where you can email posts to publish, but then the election happened, which obviously threw me in to a pit of dark despair from which I will likely never emerge fully, so I mean, what the hell are you gonna do, you know? If nothing matters, blogging certainly doesn't matter. (Although none of it made me skip a beat as far as working out, that continued uninterrupted and at my usual levels, and was really one of the only things that made me feel better, which I knew it would.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!