Sunday, January 19, 2014

wide open

The future was wide open
- Tom Petty

One of the things about hitting the "reset" button on your life is you have the opportunity to re-invent yourself, and decide who you want to be.  This song isn't even on my iPod but it randomly popped into my head on my run today.  I've hit reset on many aspects of my life over the last 18 months.  Reinvention is exhausting and frightening, but it can also be exhilarating.  I can't even express how wonderful it is to be home when my kids get home most days, and the gift of having them come into my office to chat about their days.  With K graduating in May and heading off to college in the fall, this time is so precious.  Priceless.  And I have this gift because I've reinvented my career, right in the middle of it, which was very scary.  But the rewards have been great.  So when I get wrapped up in fear and sadness, I am trying focus on the positive aspects of change - the sky truly is the limit.  These were the things I contemplated on my 3.5 miles today, which were unusually difficult.  My legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs each.  They were so achy last night after my mountain run that it was hard to sleep.  Today I am grateful for the universe showing me a silver lining. 

Now I'm down in all my fears
but I ain't cryin no tears
- The Goo Goo Dolls, Two Days in February

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!