Monday, January 6, 2014

And the whole wide world is whistlin'

'Cause it's your heart
It's alive
It's pumpin' blood

                          - NONONO

This is my favorite running song lately. 2014 has gotten off to a rather inauspicious start, I'm afraid to report.  I truly believe I've been fighting off the cold that everyone else has been down for the count with. I was taking Zicam all week, and I never got truly sick, but I was worn down and just could not, for the life of me, run the miles I wanted to run!

So, I listened to my body, toned it down and took it sort of easy. I still got my 13 miles in, but no inclines because that made my chest hurt. I followed my rules for the most part (for one run I couldn't do under the 12 minute miles that I told myself I had to do if I was on a treadmill with no incline), but all is well... I really wasn't feeling too good at all. I finally had what I would consider to be a normal run on Sunday, meaning I went four miles without wanting to fall over and die and even had somewhat of a good time.

I must say, I think the rest of the world must be too sick to be trying out their new year's resolutions either, because the gym has been not at all crowded with the usual people who piss me off in January. And all of my miles were at the gym, since the weather here has been completely and utterly un-runnable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!