Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hanging on for hope

Are you hanging on for hope? It's all you've got worth living for. Is it much too much to cope the road out? There's a tension when we speak. The income's overrated but it's worth it when we meet on common ground.
- New Amsterdams

I have to say things didn't go well on the mountain today even though I did see a pair of adorable chipmunks and stopped to chat with them at which point I wondered if other people talk to animals the way I do. I'm not sure they do. I hung on and I walked more than I would have preferred but I got to enjoy some sights that I don't normally take the time to appreciate. Then I went on a movie date with my babies to see Sole Survivor, which was really a Great War movie and I don't normally like war movies. Now K and I are watching the Golden Globes and I am flabbergasted that Meryl didn't win for August Osage County and I'm not normally a fan of hers but she was incredible in that. Equally flabbergasted that Her is even nominated, much less just won for best screenplay. Wtf. My blista sista and I are going to investigate that mystery next weekend. I will close tonight with a quote from Amy Adams who upset Meryl because it touched my heart:

Thank you so much for teaching me to accept joy and let go of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!