Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Over you

Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
- Colin Haye, I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You

I listened to this song a couple times on my run this evening - it's haunting and yet strangely soothing. "I shook the hand of time and I knew." I've had this freaking chest cold since NYE and I'm so over it already, but it just keeps hanging on. I felt like hell this morning. K and I ran some errands and then had greasy bar food for lunch, because for some reason she thinks Zipps has the greatest food in the world. And we both spent the afternoon regretting it, if you know what I mean. Alas, I did drag my ass out for 3.5 miles after being negligent and disorganized and perhaps a bit lazy the last two days. I felt okay but I still had the lung burn and coughing fits afterwards. Last week I was talking about how much joy it brings me to see J so dedicated to healthy boy activities. It's funny how life keeps us in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!