Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mad world

I find it kinda funny and
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
- Mad World, Tears for Fears

I saw these words written on a bathroom wall when I was a senior in high school. I had just transferred to a big Tucson high school from my sheltered small town world and I remember thinking wow, here is someone who feels worse than I do. It wasn't until years later that I realized these are lyrics to an awesome poignant song. The words have stayed with me and are now seeing somewhat of a resurgence in an gorgeous acoustic piano remake of the old song. I slept in so late today, my boy got up before me. And then I went to the mountain. I didn't run too much as I didn't want to push too hard. I felt tired but ok. I declare myself well. And now I'm watching this freezing cold football game from the safety of my couch and blanket. I fail to understand why these players refuse to wear long sleeves in this weather. Is it a statement on toughness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!