Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I was there

And maybe we got lost in translation
Maybe I asked for too much
But maybe this thing was a masterpiece
Till you tore it all up
Running scared
I was there, I remember it all too well
- Taylor Swift, All Too Well

Quoted in homage to T Swizzle who performed this song beautifully at the Grammys on Sunday. Gorgeous song. My runs this week have been difficult. Legs feeling like they weigh 100 pounds each. I did go to the gym on Sunday after my almost-half-marathon-hike (it's easier to reconcile how sore I was Sunday when I think of it that way) and did a slow 2 on the treadmill as an excuse for a long soak in the hot tub. The gym felt really empty. Anyhoo, I did 3.5 yesterday and it was tough. Then again today and still tough even after a pit stop in the park. See that tiny point far back in the middle of the picture? That's Toms Thumb. I was there. My body remembers it all too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!