Sunday, April 28, 2013

Muscle Relaxants

Well hanging out on muscle relaxants,
Trying hard to see the worst that can happen now
I never know what's holding you up
And I never know when I'm holding you too much
-Rural Alberta Advantage

My doctor told me to take two weeks off and then quit.  No wait - that's just what golf pros say.  I was told to take two weeks off and stretch.  So I did.  Then my plan was to run 15 miles today.  I talked a friend into joining me for one of the 7.5-mile laps.  And he did.  It's just that I didn't get very far into the second lap.  In fact, my second lap was only 1 mile before I knew I was done.  8.5 miles is not really 15.  Somewhat discouraging. 

But we do not do these things because they are easy.  (I know, two weeks ago I quote a band named after a JKF conspiracy theory, who sing songs like "back and to the left" and then now I reference JFK.  It's like I don't have any master plan). OK - but I'd be all right with it going a little bit easier.  BTW, I'm at 205 for the year. 

And yes, Rural Alberta Advantage is in with Muscle Relaxants.  Guess what - this band is not from Alberta.  Yes they are Canadian, but not from Alberta.  They are from the home of the playoff-bound Maple Leafs.  That's right - the team that didn't make the playoffs once while I was there is now in.  And if Boston beats Ottawa today, then the Leafs will play the hated Canadiens of Montreal.  That should be pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr1N-hBcsPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!