Friday, April 12, 2013

Substitution

I know you've seen this before
And now enough is too much
-Silversun Pickups

I only ran once during this week - I was in Portland and I ran on Tuesday around the Willamette River.  Not the whole thing.  Only 3.5 miles.  I'm going to say that I was allowing my newly troublesome knee to rest (the old troublesome knee is doing just fine - not sure how it switched), but really I just didn't go on my Thursday or Friday runs.  Hopefully that will mean that I am well rested for the big run this weekend.  We will see.

My trip home from Portland was interesting only in that when I got to my seat (window) there was a man sitting in it.  He asked if I would take the aisle instead - which I was cool with.  Until the guy who actually had the aisle seat showed up.  Then the original guy, who actually had the middle seat, looks at me and says "what do you want to do?"  As if I'm going to take the middle.  Low level con game thwarted.

With all this substitution of resting for running and the attempted three card monte with the airplane seats, it seems appropriate to add "Substitution" by Silversun Pickups to the official playlist.  Interestingly enough, I started with "The Pit" on the playlist, but it wasn't working and so I needed to make a ...replacement. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXF00cv1nA

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!