Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time Will Tell

I've got blood all over my hands, in my eyes, on the strings,
It's pouring out all over my favorite things.
My guilty heart is beating faster, every time I try to sing,
It seizes up and my lungs begin to sting.
-Dave Hause
I was going to quote The Hold Steady today - Lord, I'm Discouraged seemed like the right song.  But I'm not going to do that.  I ran 12 difficult miles today (really 9 good ones and then 3 problematic ones) and while I'm discouraged that I didn't make it to 16 like I planned, I'm not going to dwell on that part of it.  Instead, I will turn to Dave Huase for some inspiration.  And here is the good news - I don't think my lungs stinging will be the problem.  I don't think that blood pouring out all over my eyes and hands will be the problem.  As long as I solve this dead leg problem (or whatever the medical doctors call it), I will be fine.  I'm so much less worried about having the respiratory endurance to finish the marathon or what to eat (mmmm Power Bar gels), so I feel like most of the problems are solved.  Only one left to figure out.

Which brings me to the line about my favorite things.  I've commissioned an artist.  Wait - I'm going to say that again - I've commissioned an artist.  It makes me feel like the King of France to say that.  Anyway - when we moved from Houston to Toronto, a friend of mine drew a picture of our house, framed it, and gave it to us.  It is one of my favorite things.  And so when we moved back, I wanted to have the same thing of our house in Toronto.  I'm told that the Toronto picture is complete and in transit.  I'm hoping that I like it as much as the first one - it was a little bit more expensive. 

So here are a couple of things to add to my list of favorite things - two healthy knees (at the same time) and Time Will Tell by Dave Hause.  I was disappointed that Dave Hause didn't join up with the revival tour until after it went through Houston, but there is always next year.  And he is a genius.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkl6csDu5H8




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!