Sunday, April 7, 2013

Antique

You act like I don't know my own way home.
-Texas is the Reason

I organized today's run a little bit differently than the last few long runs.  Since this run was the longest run I've ever completed, it seemed wise to try to keep it close to the house.  In fact, I set it up to have halftime at the house.  I ran for a little over 7 miles, went inside and changed into less sweaty clothes, drank some water, recharged my phone for about 5 minutes, and then went back out.  Not counting halftime, I stayed on pace for the first 13 miles (despite mile #13 not really going well) and then fell off a little bit on mile #14.  Whatever - it all counts.  I found my way home (twice) and completed a 14 mile run.  Brings me up to 181 for the year.

Antique by Texas is the Reason is in to the official playlist.  I'm amused by the way they put this song together.  There are about 4 different lines, but they say the same line over and over again and then move on to the next one.  Sounds like a recipe to be repetitious and exhausting, but somehow it isn't for me.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8tcqXtLJY

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!