Monday, April 15, 2013

I can't even think straight

This feels like my people were attacked. Not just Americans, but RUNNERS. Runners are some of the nicest people I know. They are tolerant and accepting of all shapes and sizes and ages of people who put one foot in front of the other and challenge their bodies each day. Because we all share a common goal - pushing our bodies towards health and well being. Finding that finish line, whether it's embellished with a balloon arch or just the welcome mat of your front door. Running has given me the deep knowledge that I am stronger than I know. That I'm capable of doing more than I ever dreamed possible. I know the people injured and killed today have those gifts, either by virtue of the fact that they run, or they are close to someone who does. But today I pray for Boston. I wish I could go for a run in solidarity with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!