Monday, April 1, 2013

Nonsense

She's talking in her sleep
It's keeping me awake
And every word is nonsense
But I understand
- Counting Crows, Anna Begins

So Saturday I did 10 miles on the bike outside again. I was telling my daughter this - that I did 10 miles and it took me about an hour, and she laughed. I asked what was funny about that, and she said, "that's, like, 10 miles an hour. Don't bikes go faster than that?" Huh. Pffft, as my sista says. So today on my 10 mile ride I focused on all the things that slow me down:

1. Easter candy
2. I'm riding a MOUNTAIN bike, not a road bike. So the tires are fat with thick tread, and they just aren't built for speed
3. My bike is at least 10 years old, so it probably weighs 100 pounds
4. It was really hot out
5. I ate a doughnut for a bedtime snack
6. Bugs flying into my mouth
7. All these bikers in shiny tight clothes whizzing past me
8. My route is mostly uphill. The whole way. Yes, really.
9. It was really cold out
10. My dang foot is broken, after all

148 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!