Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gone

It was a darkness all my own
A song played on the radio,
But it went straight to my heart
I carried it with me
Until the darkness was gone
-The Bouncing Souls

According to my schedule, I was supposed to run 6 miles today. I decided that I would get the same benefit by running 3 miles, but faster.  That didn't work.  I think because my run was on the tail end of the dreaded quadrathalon.  I drove for 3 hours this morning to San Antonio, worked for about 4, then drove back for another 3.  The final leg was my 3 mile run.  I didn't really have as much energy as I had hoped.

So the other thing going on is that I'm having a problem with iTunes.  Last week, I opened up iTunes and found that almost all my songs were gone.  I've purchased over 100 songs from them, but only 30 were there.  Not to mention the songs I've purchased other places, uploaded from CDs, or whatever.  It might be because I'm amazingly sloppy with my file management and have about 13 different files with music in them.  It might be because I live with a computer savvy little guy who can't help with any mysteries, including what happened to the cookies when he was alone in the kitchen.  Who knows?  But I fixed it and went through the process of deleting the duplicates (poor file management) and then the next day it was a problem again.  So iTunes - I ain't mad at ya (well, I was, but I got over it), but I am done with ya.  I'm getting on MediaMonkey and I will take my $.99 per week (OK - maybe not even that much) elsewhere.

Ironically, "Gone" by The Bouncing Souls was not one of the songs that was ... missing.  This song is pretty awesome.  If you aren't sure what catharsis is, sing along with this one.  At the first "gone" you will feel your chest expand as if you were turning into the Hulk.  Or maybe some other metaphor that makes more sense.  Anyway, it is now added to the official playlist.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6HH0tRgeD0

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, I really love this one! Downloading it now....

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!